Welcome to the Tiki project
Those following the Meerkat project will have noticed a break......a long break.
Here's why; I've been working on a new project, the Tiki.
The Tiki is a mostly round tube framed three-seater sports car of exo-skeletal style. Of course most people these days thinking of that style think Atom, and of course they would be right in thinking that influenced me. However, there have been more influences than the Atom. The McLaren F1 of course inspired the seating layout, and traditional buggy and sandrail design elements can be seen throughout.
Visit the picture gallery
E-mail me with your comments
- Frame - Mostly 1.5 x 16g and 1 x 16g ERW tube, with some 1.25 x 16g and 1.5 x 14g square ERW. Most brackets are 14g and 10g CNC plasma cut.
- Front suspension - Traditional unequal length wishbones with outboard coilover shocks. Easily changed to inboard as needed.
- Rear suspension - Wide based unequal length wishbones with short pushrod, crank, and inboard coilover shocks.
- Hubs - Commercial bolt-on FWD unit front and back.
- Uprights - Custom CNC plasma cut and fabricated units front and rear.
- Brakes - Vented front rotors and solid rear rotors incorporating parking brake.
- Engine - Honda I-VTEC is used for the prototype. The engine bay is large enough to accommodate most FWD units.
- Transmission - As standard with chosen engine.
- Steering - Center steer rack and pinion.
- Drive shafts - Custom to suit hubs and chosen transmission.
- Gearshift - Modified using extension rods, custom shifter and standard cables.
- Cooling - Front mounted radiator. Prototype uses high capacity aluminum Honda unit.
- Fuel tank - Custom, fabricated Aluminum, mounted behind driver and between passengers.
- Bodywork - Absolutely minimal.